Sunday, April 26, 2009

Mother/Daughter Tea

The spring mother/daughter tea... hmm deadline to sign-up a week before. Well, I couldn't decide, should I go or not after all it was supposed to be a mother-daughter tea. Seeing I don't have a daughter and my mother didn't want to go I was in kind of a dilemma as to what to do. I thought well I won't go. So the day before I was at the church and happened to notice the white table cloths and peaked in to the room to see.. hmm looked very interesting, all pretty with tea cups, napkins and little bowls of jams on the tables. I thought this could be fun! OK, try and find a daughter or a mother to join me? Think, come on, who.. ran my finger down the list of names. Oh, there's a lady, lives alone, might she be available and interested? Dial, oh, nobody home.. should I leave a message.. oops waited too long, hi, I'm looking for a mother for the Tea tomorrow, would you be ? OK see what happens. Short while later the phone rings, hi, I'll be your mother.. relief, thank you Lord! The next day she picks me up at my house and off we go to the tea. We both brought our cameras and while I was welcoming the ladies in, she was out in the hallway taking their pictures. So cool! The rest of the afternoon was spent eating pretty little sandwiches, scones, cucumbers, cream puffs, squares & cheese cake and of course sipping tea!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! Way to go... not ever having thought of that myself, I think you were really creative. And I'm sure both of you were blessed in sharing this tea. I love that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool idea. Adopt a Mom! I like it...and tea parties can be so much fun with all the neat little sandwiches and treats.

    ReplyDelete