Sunday, May 31, 2009

Spring Flowers

It's a rather blustery day today, but I thought I should go out and at least look at the few flowers that are blooming. There is the beautiful purple pasque flower which is among the very first flowers to push its buds thru the frozen ground. The little mini iris lilac white color is so petite, but rather short lived. The old reliable poppy in yellow, orange and white. As a child I remember walking in my grandmother's garden, she had these poppies with their plump buds, and I always wondered what color would pop out. I'd be so curious I couldn't help but break open the bud to see what color was inside. I also have the bergenia (elephants ears) in my yard. Its tight clusters of rosy pink look so strong as they barely move in the wind. Oh, I almost forgot there is also the very prolific yellow alyssum. It's a perennial and spreads around even when the soil isn't good. It is pretty though.

2 comments:

  1. I love the purple pasque flower. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yellow is my favorite!! I love that yellow daisy too!

    ReplyDelete